Monday, November 25, 2013

We Are Nearly There!!! To Boldly Go Where No AHS Art Class Has Gone Before!!!

WATCH THIS FIRST!! This is a science teacher - wow!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2H4RkudFzlc

We are almost to a fully artist centered 'flipped' class. My goal is to use class time to help each section for 30 min. a week, and individuals the rest of the time.  I will spend more time commenting on your blog posts too - and I need you to give me more info on what you have accomplished each time you post - the posts have an important function - it's you talking to me about your progress. It needs to be more than just 3 or 4 words - I need info, and with so many kids, I need to know where you are with your project BEFORE I sit down to help you, does this make sense??

I will be posting all assignments, videos, and updates on weekends, and you need to email me any questions or problems. It is IMPORTANT that you watch videos, read instructions, research artists, etc, BEFORE you get to class. Class time needs to be all about doing art! I don't want to waste class time taking care of homework - make sense??

One of the biggest time wasters we have during class is getting supplies - I can't always read your minds about what tools or weird materials you are going to need on any given day - HOWEVER, maybe you can email me a quick note if you think of something that you need?? I will get a tool box or something, that can be drug out each day, so you have easier access to glue guns/sticks, screw drivers, wire, tape, etc. and what else would help?

It is VERY important that you check your section blog for updates, and keep track of your assignments and due dates!!! This is set up to maximize the time we have together - you do your part and I'll do mine. This is going to be great!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment